0 Players online play.pvpwars.net

Staff banning more wisely

Discussion in 'Feedback And Suggestions' started by MKDoggie, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MKDoggie

MKDoggie Your dad

Explorer

Plays on:
    Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    MKDoggie
    Sorry if this post if disrespectful in any way, but i think bans are become more and more stupid and staff are getting disrespectful. How can someone be banned for 37 days for posting a link to pvpwars discord? And then they appeal it, staff dont even care to spend any time looking at it, and they just reduce the ban a few days. But then whenever a hacker comes along and just rips up pvp, it can takes days to ban them, or if someone from is top is boosting other island, they get no punishment, or if someone IRL trades, no punishment. I just think the staff need to show a bit more respect towards players and not just handing out random bans to increase their ban count and make them look like good staff. Thanks, MKDoggie

rawrri likes this.
  2. JCK_Gaming

JCK_Gaming Well-Known Member

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    Konit
    Nah just dont break the rules

SIMPLE

3. iJordan_

iJordan_ Well-Known Member

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    iJordan_
    As a staff member, I have a few things to say about this.

First and foremost, we ban based off of the proof that we are given and what we are told. Most people expect us to catch hackers that we weren't even alerted about that they were hacking and such, which is near impossible. Staff members enjoy playing the server, so we don't pvp all the time to find these hackers.
    I'm very sorry that it takes a couple days for hackers to be banned, but that's where you have to message staff members in-game, record them yourself and make a player report, alert us in Discord or even make a player report on Discord. I can tell you for sure that we all respond rather quickly in-game and will help you to the best of your ability. Player reports on the forums are handled be Jr. Moderators and it can take up to a couple hours. I know for one that I refresh forums every couple of minutes constantly looking for reports and such to handle because I know they are time sensitive. Alerting us through Discord is another great method because at least one of us will respond if you tag us all by doing @Jr Moderator or @Sr Moderator. There are a ton of us, and even if we don't respond, you can record and post in #player-reports. I check this a couple times a day, but if things aren't being handled too often, I can increase this. I will now start checking it every time I check forums just in case.
    As for boosting island top, only Administrators+ can handle those. I know there are a couple player reports regarding them, but lower staff have no ability to handle those. Administrators are very busy as they have a lot on their plates so I know they are trying their best.

Feedback from the community is always helpful to all ranks and I appreciate you doing this. I know that a couple people have made suggestions about Factions not being as monitored and previous to that, Matrix. I have spent more time on both of these servers so that they don't feel abandoned. With this suggestion, I will try to handle the reports in #player-reports and the reports on the forums as much as possible. Thank you for opening my eyes on that and I hope that we can improve to better your experience :p

4. EmmyGhast

EmmyGhast Well-Known Member

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    EmmyGhast
    ^ anticheat

5. Corruption__

Corruption__ Well-Known Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Ice
    In-Game Name:
    Corruption__
    The current anti cheat could be better but it only bans for afk grinding. We as staff are not just giving out random bans we are required to put proof of ban in discord.

Thanks.

-Corruption

6. Zensuko

Zensuko Demi-God

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    Zensuko
    Why do you make the comment so long to read.

7. iJordan_

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    iJordan_
    Td;lr message staff or report hackers.
    Boosting is handled by admins so it’s hard for lower staff to handle.

8. NotShadey

NotShadey ThanksMate

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Rather not say
    In-Game Name:
    ThanksMate
    Because she wants to give her opinion about this & all she wants to say is in there, she can't make it short if she has a lot to talk about & stuff that had to be cleared up.

9. iJordan_

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    iJordan_
    Plus, I’m used to elaborating excessively so I just do it without thinking.

You should see some of my papers if you think this is long :,) English paper had to be a page and I made it 5.

NotShadey likes this.
  10. Rose

Rose Asian Comrade

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    Mehcolp
    -1 rules are rules

11. Zensuko

Zensuko Demi-God

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    Zensuko
    especially this comment is long. :/
    Zensuko Einstein can't process.

Abhishek Choudhary likes this.
  12. Aqlxr

Aqlxr am i cool yet?

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Ice
    In-Game Name:
    Aqlxr
    Just just break the rules

13. Azora

Azora Well-Known Member

Explorer

-1 If you follow the rules there would have been no ban staff just enforce the rules and if you experience a hacker in pvp or someone is boosting please send a staff member proof if none are on.

14. Abhishek Choudhary

Abhishek Choudhary Well-Known Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    primel911
    rules are made for everyone and are applicable for everyone