0 Players online play.pvpwars.net

PvPWars Survival Server

Discussion in 'Feedback And Suggestions' started by Mixtos1929, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Mixtos1929

Mixtos1929 c00l k1d

Explorer

Plays on:
    Matrix
    In-Game Name:
    Mixtos
    Your In-game Name (Required) ➣ Mixtos

Platform (Discord, Forums or in-game) (Required) ➣ In-game

Server/section (Required) ➣ Brand new Survival section

Suggestion (in detail) (Required/please explain) ➣

Make a Survival Server. Add some public plugins that combat xray, kill aura, fly, etc. (Not hard to find, I literally joined 10+ random survival servers off a server list site and half of them blocked xray + kill aura with their anti-cheats (done for learning purposes ofc). Maybe add a /tpa, /sethome, silk touch spawners plugin (or just keep it vanilla w/ an anti-cheat). Since ofc PvPWars would want to monetize the Survival Server, add cosmetics like tags and if the Survival server does well and gets max players, add a queue priority in buycraft (To save money just make the server like 100-150 people max and have a queue). Make sure NO alts are allowed, 1 account per IP on at once, if you have an actual family member or friend over for your little LAN party, you can contact a staff member and they would write it down of both account usernames, your discord, and the reason for having 2 accounts on, if you're found out to be lying = temp ban. You can also monetize it by POSSIBLY adding kits (which btw would be hella dumb since its survival but it is a monetization strategy and Noah is all about that $$$ so might as well add it).

Oh yeah and btw, I'm pretty sure you guys could get hella YouTubers to play and the queue priority would actually be a moneymaker since Minecraft YouTubers want something to do and Survival w/ hella other people is a great thing for content.

What would this benefit? (Please explain) ➣ New Players, Old Players, Rich Players, and the Server.

celestialxo and BananaCreamPies like this.
  2. Aqlxr

Aqlxr am i cool yet?

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Ice
    In-Game Name:
    Aqlxr
    +1

Qx3 likes this.
  3. Ferg0

Ferg0 Member-

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Rather not say
    In-Game Name:
    Ferg0
    Hello,

I love this idea. As we have only had skyblock, factions, and prisons (3 very common games on servers), I would be enthusiastic to see PVPWars try and put a spin on a survival type server. I can see a lot of future and expansion on this suggestion, but for now, I see it as a great idea.

[+1]

Qx3 likes this.
  4. Qx3

Qx3 Ex Jr. Mod

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    OP Prison
    In-Game Name:
    Qx3
    +1 Love the idea​

5. BananaCreamPies

BananaCreamPies

Senior Mod

Staff Member

Senior Moderator

Plays on:
    Factions Rose
    In-Game Name:
    BananaCreamPies
    +1

I would love to have a survival server on PvPWars. Also, the anti-cheat plugins sound like a great suggestion. There shouldn’t be any custom enchants on this vanilla survival, so anti-cheat should be implemented fairly easily without any bugs/mishaps from that.

6. celestialxo

celestialxo Well-Known Member

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    celestialxo
    I agree completely with this suggestion. I have been personally fighting for a survival server to be created for awhile now, and gotten nowhere. Hopefully suggestions like these help boost our chances of getting one!
    I love the calm, relaxing feeling of just playing good ol' survival servers either alone, or with friends as it's more enjoyable that way in my opinion. As said above, no custom enchants should be added and there should be very minimal crazy plugins. Honestly, it should include barely any plugins as we would wanna keep the simplistic survival feeling. Just the necessary plugins are needed. They could either choose to go with the factions route of things and use that claiming system, or the golden claiming shovel. Either works in my opinion. However, core inspect would need to be implemented as it is very easy to grief players survival builds, and as it is, barely anyone can provide enough proof to fight their cases with this. A new rule regarding griefing the players areas/builds would also need added.

I think some sort of "quest" plugin would be a very cool idea if we were to implement a survival realm, little missions or quests that the player will have to partake in for certain rewards or something? Or maybe there can be some sort of ranking/leveling system with this too. I have seen survivals in the past have quest NPC's around the map, and you would gradually have to work through all of them to achieve something at the end. It was very fun, and a big eye opener to new players.

To comment on the one account per IP that you suggested, this can be easily bypassed with a VPN, etc. Knowing this playerbase, they will find a way to get around it and use it constantly. There is also no real harm I can see with having alts. Honestly, there is no need for them, so I doubt anyone will log their alts on.

I feel very strongly about this gamemode, and as it stands we only have three of the main modes you find on servers (Skyblock, Factions and Prison). Having a new gamemode such as Survival created on PvPWars would be very fun, and honestly would be my favourite realm to play on. This realm should also not have any "pay to win" material as it's survival for a reason. It's basic, and simple.

I have many more ideas regarding this, however, that is all I will say for now! c:
    [+1]

Ferg0 likes this.
  7. Mixtos1929

Mixtos1929 c00l k1d

Explorer

Plays on:
    Matrix
    In-Game Name:
    Mixtos
    You're definitely right about griefing and the Survival server needing core inspect. As for claiming, my opinion would be against that as to have the players be able to find someone's base by chance or make coords are leaked by betrayal and players would make their way towards bases. A rule to implement it could be that spawn could be a no-grief area such as cobble monstering or a lava wall should not be allowed, while if a players base is found by another player, the player could have the option (their choice if their nice or not) to grief said players base. It would be enticing to have a base farther away from spawn which would have players on the server for longer amounts of time.

With the quest plugin, as in H6M, the Survival Server could possibly be a community quest and also private quests for things that are hard to get their hands on or specific items that may be hard to get and such. A ranking/leveling system could definitely be interwind with quests and as the more quests you do, your level will rise in correspondence to how many quests you complete. It could be shown as users who have a high level are experienced on the Server and an extremely high level (Possibly #1, #2, and #3) could possibly have a buycraft payout or a reward of the sorts. This would have users try to complete quests for a specific objective while also completing quests to obtain rewards/items.

As for alts, I put that in there since there would likely be many players if YouTubers were to play the server (even if there weren't, there'd be a lot of people still playing) and alts aren't really needed like they are for Skyblock and Factions. Instead of limiting per IP it could maybe have a 30-minute AFK timer where if you don't move for 30 minutes, you'd get kicked. I know this could also be bypassed with OQ but at the same time, a staff member could possibly look at spawn every so often to see if several accounts are moving irregularly at spawn and ban/ip-ban for scripting if proven guilty of scripting.

I also agree that a Survival realm on PvPWars could greatly benefit the server and give a relaxing but also exciting feel that you sometimes can't get most of the time on Skyblock, Factions, or Prisons. It gives you a variety of things to do and so many choices to make, whether you want to mine for diamonds or go on the hunt for treasure, or maybe even traveling out extremely far, there are so many things to do that it brings out a new atmosphere to PvPWars in which the other realms can't provide. With your opinion on not having "pay to win" material is a very agreeable opinion many have and I also agree with it. While kits (like I said) are a pretty bad idea to add, it is at least another way to monetize the server to bring income so the server would be able to stay afloat. I feel if YouTubers did play, they'd easily be able to come up with content that fits them since they'd be able to do what they want and not stick to having to grind whatever is best for the only goal of being is top, factions top, or cell top. With YouTubers playing, the server, if set at a decent amount of max players, would be able to monetize the server with priority queue which doesn't give a very big advantage, just one where you don't have to wait to get in the server.

8. Schnozmo

Schnozmo

Junior Administrator

Staff Member

Junior Admin

Plays on:
    Rather not say
    In-Game Name:
    Schnozmo
    Hey!
    I completely agree we definitely need a survival server.
    Sometimes SB gets abit boring, and survival would just be awesome. :p

Big +1

9. sorakaortroll

sorakaortroll Reecepbcups was here

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    sorakaortroll
    1.4.2+ Survival Server Or don't even make 1, simple as that

1+ ofc

Schnozmo likes this.
  10. Abhishek Choudhary

Abhishek Choudhary Well-Known Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    primel911
  11. Wave_Rider_

Wave_Rider_

Helper

Staff Member

Helper

Plays on:
    Ice
    In-Game Name:
    Wave_Rider_
    I mean yes it would be a good thing to have a survival server but who knows how many people like playing survival overall I agree with this.

12. JUMPINJACKFLASH

JUMPINJACKFLASH I’m the real MinerKit you have been scammed

Explorer

Plays on:
    OP Prison
    In-Game Name:
    JumpinJackFlash
    They did make one, 1.14.4 and /server 66 or something.