0 Players online play.pvpwars.net

Mistakes

Discussion in 'Feedback And Suggestions' started by SugarPeanut, Jan 17, 2019.

1. SugarPeanut

SugarPeanut SafeIsDaddy

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    In light of a few false punishments that happened in the past 3 to 4 weeks... I feel that this is happening too often and something needs to be done. This is especially so for staff members' mindset towards mistakes.

Mistakes do happen and i am perfectly fine with that. Mistakes that happened because staff members counted the wrong number of letter spam for example, or mistaken someone's name (which is in caps) for caps. These are perfectly acceptable. However, mistakes any the staff member makes simply because he didn't read the staff doc properly... This is definitely not acceptable. This mistake can easily be prevented by making a short quiz when the staff member gets accepted. He has 24 hours to read the staff doc and do the quiz. Perhaps just random questions (like is saying 'ImHighUp is a lesbian horse' punishable? How long is the punishment, what happens if he appeals, what happens if he repeat the offence within the time frame of how many minutes). Make the staff member way more familiar with the rules. New staff members need to be more familiar with the rules before they start doing their job. Some players are more familiar with the rules than the staff themselves....... -.-

What frustrates me the most is how non-chalant the staff are to their mistakes. I'm only referring to 3 or 4 helpers that have false warned me in the past few weeks by the way, which may or may not be extrapolated to the entire staff team. Nonetheless, this still reflects badly on the staff team. Mistakes happen, but mistakes are not normal, you all need to get that straight.

After the mistake happened, some staff members immediately apologise and says how they are going to improve (be more meticulous or run through the rules a few more times). Others just say an unapologetic sorry and try to shake off the mistake that they made. And the best one yet, asks me to 'get over it' and stop 'being a baby' as it is 'only a false warn'. Exact words he said btw. Lol this just really shows how little staff cares about mistakes and enforcing the wrong rules towards the community. Very unprofessional. Perhaps you should standardise how to respond towards making a mistake as well.

Just want to reiterate that mistakes are NOT normal and should NOT happen.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    itsNoah likes this.
  2. EliteMiner1337

EliteMiner1337 Well-Known Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    EliteMiner1337
  3. SugarPeanut

SugarPeanut SafeIsDaddy

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    Also, i understand that the staff team has their own 'buddy system' where a newer staff is paired up with a more experienced staff member. Perhaps make it public so we can approach the senior staff member if the newer staff member makes any mistakes. This is a business and you all are merely puppets of noah, puppets that noah trust a lot. In a sense, you all have to fufil that customer service aspect. There is no room and under no circumstance should staff members be condescending towards patrons of the server.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. SugarPeanut

SugarPeanut SafeIsDaddy

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    By the way if anyone asks, i will not reveal the identity of any of the staff members mentioned above. I have no means of getting them demoted. I understand their jobs are really tough and it's hard. (Just saying the rest of the people who have never been in their shoes have really really high expectations. You can't show any form of disresepect still. Always put on a friendly tone, even if you don't mean it)

5. pvpwars_net

pvpwars_net Active Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    pvpwars_net
  6. BagelBoy4

BagelBoy4 Well-Known Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Rather Not Say
    In-Game Name:
    BagelBoy4
    I think that your ideas are valid, And I do feel like some people need to spend more time looking at the document of punishments, But no one is perfect so mistakes are bound to happen. Usually, if people make a mistake they will request it to be fixed or removed such as a double warning. Hopefully, we will see some of these things take place in the future. Thank you for making this request.

7. SugarPeanut

SugarPeanut SafeIsDaddy

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    I know mistakes can happen. But they should not. Some of the staff are under the impression that making mistakes are perfectly normal and player who are victims of these false punishments are not suppose to be angry as it is only 'just a mistake'. This is what i'm pissed off about, not the actualy false warn.

8. TricksterGhost

TricksterGhost Well-Known Member

VIP Club

Explorer

Banned

Plays on:
    OP Prison
    In-Game Name:
    Reecepbcupshere
    +1 Bring back the strike system. Make a mistake past the first 48 hours becoming a new staff, start punishing minorly. They won't learn if you continue to baby them.

9. Zensuko

Zensuko Demi-God

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Ice
    In-Game Name:
    Zensuko
  10. SugarPeanut

SugarPeanut SafeIsDaddy

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    @Joeyoey while you are here can you take a look at this? Thanks!!! :):)

11. James worthy

James worthy Currently Banned

Explorer

Plays on:
    Ice
    In-Game Name:
    CochieSlayer
    +1