0 Players online play.pvpwars.net

About Stanna

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SugarPeanut, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SugarPeanut

SugarPeanut Well-Known Member

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    Stanna was a really good staff member but she got demoted. Let's talk about this because there are lots of lessons that should be learnt. :3

So uh her rank was admin. Air's rank is also admin. This should be Air and Stanna's staff team; doesn't need to be 50-50, but definitely should not have been 99-1 as it has been. You question why stanna hasn't been on. Reason being she has no reason to as admin. They do different things even thought they both have the same rank. She has absolutely no power in making any decision. Why give her the rank in the first place if you feel that her decisions are 'biased' and 'fake'.

The only thing that stanna did that air didn't do, is interact with the staff team. When i was still staff, i reached out to air on 4 seperate occasions, and all 4 times went unanswered. Don't give excuses. After all those tries, i gave up and talked to stanna instead, only to find that everything i try to tell her goes nowhere because she has no powers to promote or make change. All suggestions get shot down because despite we know it's best for the server, it's not to the higher up's interest, or a minority group. She literally have 0 powers. She has so many good ideas, and she knows how to run the team. But the problem is she isn't given the opportunity to.

Being a leader means to delegate and show others the way. Commanding and instructing other people what to do is nothing more than a facade. Even now, there is no clear sense of direction and eagerness to fix any problems in the staff team. If air actually listened to us, all the older staff would not have left. Staffme and sxpremecy are the only ones left. Funny how 90% of the people who resigned left not because they were bored of the server, but because of one person. I strongly urge you to change. Every staff member who leaves is a bad reflection on the boss.

Why are you so afraid of losing your position if you are doing a good job. Instead of removing everyone around you who might be a threat to you position, prove them wrong... change how you lead. Lead by example. This is a profession you are heading, not a hobby. Let stanna leaving be a lesson. Not just another one of the staff members leaving.

Ever heard the analogy of a duck? Doing nothing above the water but paddling like mad underneath? Now it's the complete opposite. :D

2. Bmonsters01

Bmonsters01 Well-Known Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Matrix
    I feel as though I should add my opinion to this as you seem relatively misinformed on the reasoning behind Stanna85's promotion, Stanna was demoted due to:
    - Little to no motivation
    - False assumptions being given/spoken about with staff members (unprofessional)
    - Misleading information was given to staff
    - Inactive for mass amounts of time
    - Not willing / wanting to work with the standing Head-Admin of the PvPWars Network

Since I have been here Airella has constantly been talking with the staff team, as well as she is usually in voice chats for a bare minimum of an hour giving the staff members plenty of opportunities to speak with her/to voice their opinions of certain subjects, as well as this, the best interest of the server is always what we aim for, hence why we have the recent addition of MelonDev in order to improve the player experience.

In regards to your comment about a 'facade', you need to realize that Airella is the Staff Manager (Head Admin), this means that she is the leader so to speak, there are certain ways that staff teams need to be ran, and in my opinion, the way it is currently being run is perfectly fine. You then link this suggestion to the resigned staff members, saying that it's a 'bad reflection on the boss', this simply is not the case. You can't simply blame the Admin for an ex-staff members toxicity or inactivity, frankly, that is poor, and as you were an ex-staff member yourself you should be aware of this.

I would also like to point out that you say Airella is removing everyone around her as she believes them to be 'competition' if this was the case, why would there currently be JrAdmins? Would they not be threatening her position? Especially Joeyoey, he has been one of the most active and dedicated members of the staff team hence his rise in the ranks was quicker than most.

3. theoriginalbugg

theoriginalbugg Active Member

Explorer

In-Game Name:
    theoriginalbugg
    this kid needs to stop sucking up xD

Yhac likes this.
  4. SugarPeanut

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    You just need to talk to any of the older staff members who resigned and you will know what i mean HAHAHAHA. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to degrade her. I'm just trying make this incident as a form of change, instead of making the person who got demoted look bad towards the rest of the staff team. Also, you realised that she has only recently started speaking to the staff members? Albeit it could be done more often, she has only started after everyone has already left. Better late than never i guess! MelonDev was not the staff team's idea by the way... HAHAHAHA

Regarding the reflection on the boss thingy, you are trying to say, if everyone leaves, it's not the boss' fault? If it's one or two people, i'm fine with that. But the entire bunch? There are currently only 2 people who as been staff on the team for more than 4 months. When i first came in, which was in may, more than 50% were on the team since the start of the year. A lot has changed since then. Also, if you actually took the time to ask many of the staff members why they resigned, a few words are consistencies, 'corruption' being one of them. So don't try to defend something that you have no idea about.

Also, where in the heck did you quote competition from?????? From Mars?????? HAHAHAHA no where in hell did i say that air had any competition, learn to read bro. I said removing players who are a threat to her position, not taking over her. 'PLAYERS' not staff members (WELL maybe staff members but mostly not). This you shouldn't know about and 99% of the community has no idea about this because this happened before you were staff, so you don't have to know. Let's keep it that way because we all like this server still.

5. ToOp_

ToOp_ Well-Known Member

Explorer

In-Game Name:
    ToOp_
    I do not really have any comment other than wanting to say that Stanna was a good Staff member, when she was Active. However, saying that the good staff all resigned is completely false. Yes, in the old days we have a good staff team. However, look at most of the ex staff members. Most of them have just gone to trying to dox everyone and break the server. I would like to say that I thank you for making this post and trying to help the team. It really means a lot.

Have a nice day, SugarPeanut.

6. SugarPeanut

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    i didn't say all the staff who resigned were good... i agree most of them were in the wrong. But instead of pointing fingers, why not look into what caused them to do it in the first place?

Also, air has many strengths that need not be talked about. I'm just saying that there are many things that could be changed. Please don't get me wrong. She is not a rubbish admin, despite what many people think. I saw how much shit she has to put up with and how she handled many situations.

7. ToOp_

ToOp_ Well-Known Member

Explorer

In-Game Name:
    ToOp_
    I would like to reply to you once I am in the right state of mind. I am sorry if my last post on this thread seemed very unorganized, and confusing. I will reply back to this tomorrow with a real response.

8. SugarPeanut

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    Hey no worries :) thanks for taking your time to read the post :3

9. OldAdmin1

OldAdmin1 Well-Known Member Banned

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Airella
    In the past, we promoted based on your time with the staff team; though now staff members are promoted based on merit. A lot of the older staff felt that they deserved their position simply for being a staff member for so long. The staff team in many ways was corrupt. For now, we promote based on merit and their activity on the staff team. Though, I'm sorry you feel this way; we are trying to better both the staff team and the overall game-play for every player on our network.

As for Stanna having ideas, I would've loved to have heard those. Though - I was never informed nor did I "avoid" her. I attempted on many different cases to involve her. Whether that be through promotions/demotions, changes within the staff team, and the chance to earn her role. As you stated; admins have different tasks. I for one am more or less a Network manager / Staff manager. I am the top of the line when it comes to staff (below Wild and Noah of course). Therefore, Stanna works(ed) for me but I made it a huge point I wanted to work alongside her not against(above) her.

I believe that in previous times Stanna herself was very involved in the community and that was a key point as to why I wanted her as an admin. I felt as if having an Admin whom the community appreciated and loved speaking / connecting with would be a huge benefit to the network. Sadly through time this failed and didn't end up happening.

Once accepted/promoted (invited) into the administrator side of a network you are given a task to though you must complete and fulfill. The task given to Stanna was never completed and eventually given(handed) off to another staff member/team.

I thank you for voicing your concerns here today to help better our Staff team and further see success within the team.
    Withstanding is a team full of great potential and outstanding motivation. To whom I'm glad to be working alongside.

theoriginalbugg likes this.
  10. SugarPeanut

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    Thank you so much for replying to this. Perhaps we should do something to make it such that staff members stay motivated to help the server. I'm glad to see many things change for the better. I guess i'm still stuck on the notion and perception i had of you when i left the staff team. Thank you for opening up to the team and allowing all voices, players and staff alike, to be heard. I agreed stanna was not active for a period of time and not doing her stipulated tasks. But I'm sure that the other reasons bmonsters gave were not true. If you investigated some of the claims you made against Stanna, you would have found a different side of a story, instead of listening and believing what some staff/players say. But i guess it is too late now. Once again thank you for taking your time off to reply to this and i'm looking forward to the changes that you will be making to this server, hopefully for the better!! :p:p

11. theoriginalbugg

theoriginalbugg Active Member

Explorer

In-Game Name:
    theoriginalbugg
    maybe if you have time you can grind some ghast aswell next season. (just kidding i know your busy)

OldAdmin1 likes this.
  12. OldAdmin1

OldAdmin1 Well-Known Member Banned

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Airella
    I'd love too! Always fun talking with you guys, I'll have to find sometime to be free for players at some point, Maybe I can work together up to 5 hours weekly to be free in voice calls for players or something along those lines.

13. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Wonka
    This needs to happen, not only from you Airella but even developers getting involved. A community session where people can speak directly to those who do the work and make the calls.

I've tried recently to contact you, tried to get moderators to contact you, or anyone involved with bugs to have no success in the past month, not just little bugs but ones which effect the server, the items in /buy and the players in game experience. We just get told to be patient and nothing gets passed on to you through the staff I speak to in game or on the forums.

As for Stanna's demotion I cannot comment to much as I've left pvpwars because of how terrible the players experience has become.(I'm only here now trying to get staff to make pvpwars great again and fix the issues). She was an excellent staff, and while the server was motivating to work for she did an excellent job when i was active, she was there for players and helped in so many ways. If it wasn't for stanna I would of left pvpwars after season 2.

Airella when your personal information was being Doxxed in game chat not to long ago, guess who got on when no staff where online, Stanna did. No one else did. And considering she wasn't even on minecraft at the time but managed to get on and put a stop the the issue in the time she did was impressive.

I feel as if the lower staff who should be passing on info to yourself are not doing it. Speaking to the people that run pvpwars will get something done.​

14. SoullessQuinn05

SoullessQuinn05 Member

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    Soullessquinn
    I can 100% relate

15. Yhac

Yhac 自殺

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Yhac
    I'm pretty sure Airella talked to Noah about promoting Stanna. Airella wanted her to be promoted to Chase (A potential admin) that was supposed to join the server to help her because Noah knew he could definitely help. I guess Noah let Air promote Stanna just so Air wouldn't have to share powers because she doesn't like that.

I guess the "to another staff member/team." is to Joey, cause you're clearly in love with him. Stop saying he's just online when you need help from other staff members, that's completely stupid. Even if he can do tasks on the server, does that mean he should be allowed to swear on discord as well as being quite toxic/unprofessional?

You're not involved in the community at all lol.

The staff team will be a success when you'll leave. I used to actually like you but seeing what you're doing right now... I may know what's happening, and what I'm thinking better be correct, or else it's really sad and stupid of you..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The server itself will be good when Noah, iCode and the "new developers" will stop doing work in the background without talking to players. Wanna talk about gkits? They were supposed to be out over 5 weeks ago. Noah was always like "They'll be out this weekend" or something like that. He said that 4 times+. Nothing happened. If you want a good server, you need to talk to the community. This server legit looks like it was made for 50 player, not more.

W18 likes this.
  16. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Wonka
    "lets make pvpwars a 3k+ player network"

Right guys?

This is one of my favorite pvpwars staff quotes.

17. Yhac

Yhac 自殺

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Yhac
    LOL
    *Server now gets 800 alts, a few ogs that are still playing for no reason and 100 fanboys*

18. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Wonka
    I jump on every now and then in a hope my name has a War rank next to it. But as expected, still nothing has been fixed and my bug posts are gone and lost never to be seen again.

19. SugarPeanut

VIP Club

Explorer

Plays on:
    Emerald
    In-Game Name:
    SugarPeanut
    they aren't gone LOL they are chucked into archive where no one, not even us, can view them.

20. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Explorer

Plays on:
    Fire
    In-Game Name:
    Wonka
    Staff tell us to be patient, but don't tell us out posts cant be viewed. So we are really being told to be patient and wait for nothing to happen??